Monday, September 28, 2009

Iron Man is Batman



So I just bought Iron Man: Enter The Mandarin. This is the first Iron Man comic I've ever read. I remember watching the movie and thinking: "Wow, Iron Man is a LOT like Batman." Now after reading this mini-series my suspicions are confirmed. Iron Man IS Batman. WTF? The art was great in this comic by the way. Dude named Eric Canete. Really flowing organic style. Reminds me of Denys Cowan. I think he's French. But I digress. Even the villains are straight outta Batman. The Mandarin is Ra's Al Ghul. And another guy who looks exactly like the Scarecrow whose name is, (are you ready?) SCARECROW.  That being said, I thought it was great. It made me wonder what it would be like if it was a Batman book. Oh yeah, it would be EXACTLY the same. Come ON Marvel. At least give him different baddies to fight. 

2 comments:

Excaliburt said...

Yeah even though I am a DC fanboy by nature I do enjoy a good Marvel comic series once in a while(ie civil war). I get pretty aggravated though when you do see the lack of originality between the two and even more so when the villains in the same comic are similar. I would really like to see a comic that includes Iron Man and Spider-Man in the Stark Armor teaming up or we could just keep our fingers crossed for Alex Ross to do a sequel to Kingdom Come....drooling....

Gabe Ostley said...

Spider-Man in the Stark armor would be awesome!